Wednesday 2nd March – Eight Minutes!
Your Daily Tasks
1. Strip back your bed, sprinkle with a baking soda and lavender blend and leave for an hour, with your bedroom window flung open as wide as it can go.
2. Launder your own bedlinen, and after a few hours, vacuum your mattress, and re-make the bed the BrocanteHome way.
3. Vacuum all the nooks and crannies in your bedroom.
4. Polish anything standing still in your bedroom.
5. Set the diffuser up with a blend of lavender and geranium and close the door behind you.
6. Polish your way down the stairs.
7. Shine your sink and give the kitchen a mini spruce-up.
8. Bake something fabulous and serve as a high tea treat.
9. Spend the evening in your bedroom pampering yourself from head to foot.
1. Change tea-towels in the kitchen.
2. Make beds.
3. Empty and refill dishwasher.
4. Scrub and spritz the loo.
5. Light candles.
Your Daily Treat…
According to professional organizers it takes just eight minutes a day to set you on the road to organized bliss. Imagine that! Just eight minutes. It takes me longer than that to conceal the bags under my eyes!
And so in the name of science I hereby declare a puttery experiment: let’s commit to those eight minutes. Let’s set our watches daily and perform an eight minute task of the organizing our life kind every single day of the rest of the year…
We could manage that couldn’t we?
Just remember not to get carried away. Whisper bird by bird to yourself daily. Choose just one drawer. One pile of papers. One magazine to excavate the fabulous from. Today go through your make up bag, tomorrow tackle the condiment shelf in your pantry, and so on, and so on…
Commitment and determination: that’s all it takes – eight minutes daily.
Leave a Reply