Puttery Treats just For You……
It’s puttery treat time Housekeepers and here I am with a little list of lovely little somethings to warm up these chilly winter evenings. Enjoy…
* Add a generous shot of Bailey’s Irish Cream to your bedtime hot chocolate for a dreamy, creamy treat.
* Read Little Women and remember how deliciously Wintery it is.
* Diffuse a blend of lemon, ginger, cinnamon and cedarwood to create the aromatic illusion of heat in your living room on very cold evenings.
* Stitch a couple of blankets together so you create one
* Seek out a copy of Laurence Olivier and Merle Oberon playing Heathcliff and Cathy in the brooding 1939 version of Wuthering Heights.
* Treat yourself to a quirky Japanese style long sleeved apron to wear while cooking on chilly evenings
* Bake a Clementine Tea Loaf and serve it warm for supper.
* Save on the heating bills by retiring to bed silly early in the Winter. Take a large flask of warm
* Start a collection of vintage camisoles. Just the thing to add a little glamour under flannel pyjamas.
* Warm yourself up and relax your entire body in the early evening with this Winter slow-flow yoga sequence.
* Warm up two tablespoons of coconut oil in a bain-marie and add three drops of frankincense oil to the warm oil, then slather it on to your face for a deeply moisturising mask.
* Buy a raclette and turn the Winter evening meal in to a fabulously cosy feast cooked right there at the table.
* Forego the alcohol but savour the depth of a comforting glass of wine with this Black tea Merlot after your evening meal. Sounds like bliss…
* Take a detox bath if you have got a cold or heaven forbid, the flu.
* Don’t hang your dressing gown up before you get in to bed, fold it over the radiator instead so it is a cozy warm hug when you pop it on in the morning.
* Nothing warms the cockles of the heart faster than a dumpling. Add them to slow cooker stews and try flavouring them with everything from rosemary to blue cheese.
* Scare yourself warm by reading a truly chilling horror story like the 1959 classic, The Haunting of Hill House.
* Mix up a blend of clove, ginger, and cardamon seed oils and add them to a late night hot bath to provide long-lasting body warmth as you fall asleep.
* Turn off the television and make taking turns to read aloud to each other a Winter evening ritual. Pick one of the books on Read Aloud America’s adult reading list and experience the gentle bliss of experiencing a story together.
* Download my lovely Winter House PDF and find more lovely wintery treats inside…
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “brocante-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “My Amazon Picks”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “1631520687,0062378694,1452155186,1579656676”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “b1ba0b2a7abeeed887b4a3900daa9cef”;