1. Fill a tub with sudsy water and let the kids wash dollies clothes the old fashioned way in the back garden.
2. Sleep with the curtains open so you wake with the sun rise.
3. Take the kids scrapbook shopping and help them create journals of their summer holidays.
4. Throw a laundry powder party: get your girlies together, fill a
table with natural cleaning product ingredients, essential oils, pretty
bottles, ribbon and labels and spend an afternoon mixing up some
homemade cleaning recipes in the summer sun.
5. Have a breakfast barbeque… bake brioche in tin foil, and serve with creme fraiche and berry compote. Or do baked haddock, roasted bananas, or grilled mango with mint. Eat in pyjamas and sunglasses.
6. Set yourself a
7. Throw caution to the wind and hold an afternoon cocktail party. Pretty hats obligatory.
8. Buy a croquet set, and drink Pimms with cucumber on the lawn.
9. Decide not to cook, bake or heat anything for three days… feast on salad, smoothies, fruit and raw vegetables and feel strangely wonderful for it…
10. Record your entire Summer with a camera. Post a new summer photograph on Flickr everyday.
11. Sew vintage fabric cuffs onto the top of your wellies and go splashing in summer puddles. Goodness knows theres enough of them!
12. Coat your hair in a mix of coconut oil and cognac for a hydrating mask that is the very essence of Summer.
13. Put together a Summer soundtrack and let the songs remind you of Summer 2007 ever after.
14. Dig out your gorgeous collection of vintage headscarves and make wearing them Turban or Jackie O style your summer accessory of choice. Sooooo chic or sooooo Hilda Ogden.
15. Give yourself a pampering pedicure in the garden using rock salt, olive oil and a good old fashioned pumice stone.
16. Give the kids chalk and let them play hopscotch on the patio.
17. Drag your mattress outside on a sunny day and let it breathe for a few hours.
18. Put a big quilt on the grass, fill a bowl with hot soapy water and scrub your vintage crystal till the sun throws rainbows across the garden.
19. Serve iced
20. Let rose petals steep in boiling water, then mix with vodka and store in the fridge for a cooling astringent…
21. Pull the plug on the tv and insist kids play outdoors. Pipe music into the garden and play ring a ring a roses. Skip rope. Dance. Splash in the paddling pool. Be a child again…
Enjoy every minute of it!