Hello all. I do hope you have had a happy, reassuring summer and that you and yours remain safe and well. Today, after taking the Summer off to stitch my life together I am finally back at my desk full time and ready all over again to help you make life feel lovelier no matter what the universe sees fit to throw at you!
My Summer has been both rewarding and intensely challenging. My lovely Finn turned eighteen, and we celebrated with friends and family. Tomorrow he will return to college and at least half the week will be mine again. Ste is home, and with the help of mental health professionals who visit us here at home, we are in the process of complex and long-winded diagnosis. It is horribly hard, the medication isn’t working and our days are peppered by his pain and the financial issues his inability to work has raised, but we can do hard things can’t we, when love is in the equation?
But here I am regardless, turning up like a rosy penny, to remind you that even in the face of the hardest of things, we can tell ourselves that small pleasures matter and that it is always possible to create sanctuaries from rooms and homes that will hug our hearts when life beyond the front door isn’t quite as lovely as it surely should be.
You will have noticed that the site has changed back to its original format: a blog in the most old-fashioned sense of the word. Though I loved the last version, and it was much easier to manage, so many of you couldn’t fathom it and it remains terribly important to me to acknowledge and enhance your experience by responding when you vote with your feet!
So What Can You Expect Going Forward?
My priority is to consolidate all my sites so that we have just two places to go to experience all things BrocanteHome – so in layman’s terms that means the blog (the site you are reading now) and my HomeSchool Community via the Mighty Networks community.
- At BrocanteHome I will be blogging more frequently with some old favourites returning (Housekeeper’s Diary, Housekeeper’s Carousel etc) and some new surprises. The site will incorporate the video library and eventually the store will move to to be completely integrated into the site.
- Over in The HomeSchool Community, my lovely Daily To-Lists have resumed, and we have got the loveliest set of prompts encouraging us all to share the good, bad and the downright lovely in our lives.
- Our Bookclub now has got its own group in the HomeSchool Community and our next Bookclub chat is happening on Wednesday 29th September and is of course absolutely free for all members of our (FREE) HomeSchool Community.
- The Kajabi site will be closing for good and you will no longer need to login there: all my courses will be moved to the HomeSchool Community and you will access them right there in the community feed so you will never miss a single post and will of course have the oh so useful Mighty Networks app that makes life so much easier because the whole of your membership including all your courses, downloads, to-do lists and conversation can live right there in your phone. The Community then will be divided into HomeSchool members (with free access to the lists, prompts and bookclub) and Homeschool VIP’s (paid members with access to all my courses and daily VIP posts).
- HomeSchool VIP’s can expect more Betterment, Edits, and a whole new way of enjoying my seasonal rituals alongside a simple MONTHLY To-Do List, you will be able to use to stay on track.
- And finally on the 15th of September I will be launching the 100 Day Countdown to Christmas in the Community so that after the sad little Christmas’s we all had to endure last year because of Covid, this year we can go all in on making them as wonderful as can be!
Over the next two weeks I will be giving my existing HomeSchool members access to the new “Courses” section of the Community app. If you are not a member of the Community, but you ARE a HomeSchool member you should make sure that you sign up asap, and then you will be given access as I work through my member lists. As always it isn’t possible to do this automagically and again I’ve got to do it manually so it will take a while and I appreciate your patience.
I know it’s been a muddle. The changing nature of the internet means that there are always possibilities for betterment and chances to learn new ways of doing old things, but it requires a constant learning curve and I understand that you want to have a place you can be sure of without having to constantly muddle your way through a new system! I have gone backwards and forwards in search of a solution that was both simple, flexible and cost-effective, and I know that a lot of you have asked for everything to be in one place, so this is the closest I can get to that, particularly now that MIghty Networks are due to have a major update in the coming Autumn that will mean I can really create a place we can all enjoy.
It’s so lovely to be back. Writing to you here really is my happy place.