Where am I at? Heaven knows, so I thought I’d round up everything I’m doing, reading, eating and coveting if only to get a feel for who I am right at this moment, now. And so without further ado mostly because I haven’t got the energy for much ado about anything today, I hereby present the Brocante Zeitgeist…
1. Choosing wallpaper for one wall in the living room. Settling on something kind of neutral. Worrying about ignoring screechy voice of mildly appalled inner eccentric secretly hoping for big fat rosebuds while I watch Richard paint ceilings grey with
(Oh and finally, finally planning on saying goodbye to the truly terrible green wallpaper on the landing that I chose when I was bonkers, oops I mean pregnant).
3. Not smacking the teachers who see fit to put the same kids in the same parts year after year in the school nativity. Heck, who thought I’d be one of those Mums??
1. The Agatha Raisin mystery series, because all of a sudden, the silliest of Cotswold whodunnits are quite my
2. The latest online edition of By Fryd. Because a person needs all that pretty to swoon over when she’s on a dull old reducing plan.
1. Much scrambled egg with parsley and sugarless
2. Mainlining Berocca Boost because I start a-flagging in November and this helps a tad.
3. Sneaking nibbles of Raspberry Ruffle sweeties because they satisfy my craving for dark chocolate and I can simultaneously convince myself that coconut=fruit=angelic dieter. Let me be.
1. An iPad. Because I have got it into my head that the world is being divided into the haves and haven’ts. And Martha Stewart isn’t helping my theory with her blooming (literally) iPad only version of the magazine. Damn her. Damn that Martha and her fancy ideas: I was doing fine until I saw this and now I’m prowling around the Apple store with a hungry look in my eyes, hoping Father Christmas has won the lottery this year.
3. And a Sally Jean pendant. Because six years ago when I started
1. About change. Real change. The deeply unsettling, deeply welcome kind of change that require the shifting of furniture and embracing of the future.
2. About getting off my bottom more to help with the reducing palava. If only it wasn’t so darn cosy at the fireside…
3. About what could have been and isn’t. About contentment. About chocolate (did I mention the damned diet??). About being scared. And doubting myself. And excited. All at the same time.
4. And about taking a warm bath now? With cinnamon scented bubble bath and candlelight? Yes… that’s what I need.
Night night Sweethearts.x